10 January, 2009

Sunrise ~ Sunset

January

~~~~~*~~~~~~

Woke up this morning and this sunrise greeted me:





We ate a light breakfast of oats'an'eggs, put Nate-dog in his yard, fed and watered the felines, filled Caleb, the road warrior with petrochemicals and headed South for a birthday celebration.


My step-sister, Teryl turns 29 1/2 tomorrow...one...more...time!





It was a grand time. Swedes and Celts and Brits and Cornish/French all gathered for the first good feast since the death of our sister Carrie.


On the way out of Colorado Springs, I snapped a burned out pic of Pikes Peak, rising quickly to 14,500 feet altitude above the high plains.

We came home, rested, went to the grocery and returned home to this sunset:



In my wooly-pated brain, I came to one realization:


~~~~~*~~~~~


When the cold, grey-brown earth lies dead,

Look to the skies, and lights and a beloved's smile.

There reside life's warmth and light.

The earth rests, waiting for the promised Spring.

The pulse of God reclaims the earth,

His breath and spirit calls us home.







2 comments:

  1. You were busy!
    Glad to hear you had a good time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:15 PM

    Hey, you left out the Polack! Sheesh! To paraphrase the late Rodney Dangerfield: "I get no respect"!

    Take care my brother.

    ReplyDelete